Thank you for joining us in honoring those who have made noteworthy achievements throughout the many years of Armstrong county sports. Please check back with us often as we will have all upcoming events posted as well as information about past events and the people and organizations that help make the Armstrong County Sports Hall of Fame what it is.
Our Board of Governors is pleased to announce the names of the individuals who have been selected to be inducted into our Hall of Fame at our 46th Annual Induction Banquet. They are as follows:
- Curtis Cutts (Ford City) - Football and Basketball
- Paul Michael "Mitch" Frerotte (Kittanning) - Football
- Ann Hreha Fritz (Apollo) - Basketball
- Dave Fuhrman (Freeport) - Basketball
- Mark J. Hodak (Worthington) - Special Award: Builder
- Margaret E. "Maggie" Jones (Leechburg) - Softball
- Edward C. King (Freeport) - Football
- Michael A. Nagy (Rural Valley) - Basketball Coach
- Martin K. Sanders (Kittanning) - Hockey
- Andrew Tressler (Leechburg) - Basketball
- William Ivan White (Parks Two.) - Special Award: Military
We will also be recognizing twelve (12) senior student athletes from the six (6) high schools which serve various parts of Armstrong County and awarding approximately $8,000.00 in scholarships to deserving scholar athletes to help them with their post high school education expenditures. The banquet will be held at Laube Hall which is located adjacent to the Freeport Area Community Park on Sunday, April 29, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. If you would like to attend the banquet, Please call (724) 882-3557. The tickets are $25.00 each.
- Apollo-Ridge High School - Daylon Wells & Paxton Fetterman
- Armstrong Jr.-Sr. High School - Zane Dudek & Abbey DiGregorio
- Freeport Area High School - Robert Reichenbaugh & Maggie Ward
- Karns City High School - Ian McElroy & Alison Boltz
- Leechburg Area High School - Cory Nulph & Carlee George
- West Shamokin High School - Benjamin Vicini & Katelyn Glover
Please contact us with any comments or suggestions.