Thank you for joining us in honoring those who have made noteworthy achievements throughout the many years of Armstrong county sports. Please check back with us often as we will have all upcoming events posted as well as information about past events and the people and organizations that help make the Armstrong County Sports Hall of Fame what it is.
Our Board of Governors is pleased to announce the names of the following individuals who have been selected to be included into our Hall of Fame at our 45th Annual Induction Banquet on Sunday, April 30, 2017
The banquet will be held at Laube Hall which is located adjacent to the Freeport Area Community Park.
Dinner will be served at 4:00 p.m. with the festivities scheduled to convene at approximately 5:00 p.m.
Tickets are $25.00 each. Anyone interested in attending should call telephone number (724) 882-3557 to order tickets.
- Charles Bonello - Leechburg - Football
- Joseph Gourley - Apollo-Ridge - Football
- Fred Hamilton - Freeport - Football
- Vicki Keasey - Freeport - Softball Coach
- Paul L. Lhote - Ford City - Baseball
- Cassandra L. (Cutts) Pinson - Ford City - Women's Basketball
- Robb Smith - Leechburg - Football Coach
- Jerry Sybert - Kittanning - Basketball
- Dave Sysyn - Kittanning - Boys' Basketball Coach
- Robert L. Walker, Jr. - Parks Twp. - Special Award: Military
- Dennis L. Wolfe - Leechburg - Special Award: Builder
We are also pleased to announce that the following senior student-athletes have been designated by the coaching staffs and administrations of the following Armstrong County high schools to be honored for their athletic accomplishments at our banquet.
- Apollo-Ridge High School - Daylon Wells & Paxton Fetterman
- Armstrong Jr.-Sr. High School - Zane Dudek & Abbey DiGregorio
- Freeport Area High School - Robert Reichenbaugh & Maggie Ward
- Karns City High School - Ian McElroy & Alison Boltz
- Leechburg Area High School - Cory Nulph & Carlee George
- West Shamoking High School - Benjamin Vicini & Katelyn Glover
For past inductees, please browse through the generational links in the main menu above
Please contact us with any comments or suggestions.